Note: This volunteer opportunity has more slots available than we need in case of last-minute dropouts. We will contact you in order of sign-up. Those not contacted are reserved as backup volunteers.
The NHS is in dire need of PPE; help us delivery face shields to GPs and hospitals in urgent need.
Every Tuesday, we send 3D-printed face shields (manufactured out of our warehouse in Kentish Town) and laser-cut face shields (manufactured by Sir Simon Milton Westminster UTC). This volunteer opportunity usually takes about 2 hours.
You will be:
- Pick up 3D printed visors from our warehouse in Kentish Town (19-37 Highgate Road, London, London, UK, NW5 1JY)
- Pick up laser-cut visors from Sir Simon Milton Westminster UTC (1 Sutherland St, Pimlico, London SW1V 4LD, London, UK)
- Drop packed visors at a local Hermes post office for courier across the UK
- We will have paid for these parcel labels in advance. You will just have to print these labels in-store. These will be sent to you via email after you confirmed your slot.
- The closest courier drop off point from our warehouse is Dr. Mart Convenience Store (698 Holloway Rd, Archway, London N19 3NL). This is a few minutes away by car.
- The closest courier drop-off point from Sir Simon Milton Westminer is Eureka Stationary (46-48, Warwick Way, Pimlico, London SW1V 1RY). This is a few minutes away by car.
- Sometimes, we will also need our drivers to deliver visors to hospitals and GPs across London
We will notify you close to the volunteer day regarding the exact delivery locations and any additional information. If multiple volunteers sign up, we will split delivery journeys as evenly as possible.
Before signing up, please read through our health and safety protocol which are strictly enforced at the warehouse (we will provide masks and gloves upon arrival).
As a reminder, please DO NOT sign up if you or someone you’ve come in contact with has had COVID-19 symptoms in the past 14 days.
From our recipients:
“… Such donations are very welcome and we are very grateful to receive your generous gift.”
“… Thank you so much for the face shields we have been sent. They are great, comfortable to wear and giving us some increased peace of mind. They are being used daily in our COVID hot hub, by the GPs assessing unwell COVID patients face to face. Thank you so much for this. We are all so grateful.”
From our volunteers:
“Who knew feeding plastic sheets into magical visor-making machines and cutting 34cm lengths of elastic could be so therapeutic? Thanks
DtCP for letting me help assemble some PPE today (coming to a hospital near you).”
“… I’m sure all the nurses and doctors at the NHS will look as ??? as we do in those visors!”